Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Theme Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sean
Forum Designer
Sean

Male Posts : 121

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Since this forum is now back from the dead, I feel like it needs a graphics overhaul! I feel like I've gotten better at making forum themes and looking at this old one makes me sad because I know I can do better. xD

So what would you like to see in the forum theme? What do you think would be interesting? =D

Here is a database with already made themes for Forumotion. I always start with one of these as a base and edit it from there. So check it out and see what kinda things you like.
http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin-0.htm

Make sure you're looking at Versions "Phpbb2" or "Phpbb3". We'll be using one of those two. =)
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Male Posts : 404

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 am

You should try contrasting colors with negi-sensei chanting a spell circle while on the other side Asuna is in the middle of a spell circle
Back to top Go down
Sean
Forum Designer
Sean

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 am

Not Bace wrote:
You should try contrasting colors with negi-sensei chanting a spell circle while on the other side Asuna is in the middle of a spell circle
If you're talking about in the background where the clouds are, that would require the forum width to be a set number of pixels. Right now this forum is set to be 70% of your screen width. When you have a bigger screen, it'll adjust. If we set it to a fixed width, say 800px, it'll stay that width no matter what screen size you have. It's possible to do this but on bigger screens, the forum will look small.
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 am

no i wish i could draw it to show you... i meant the sides where the moon and could are... on the left would be... hold on ima get a picture
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 am

Forum Theme Ideas! Idea10
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Male Posts : 1120

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:51 am

The forum isn't about negi, it's about us. You should do somethign nature themed, like the sky you have here.
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

if the forum isnt about negi... then why this?

Forum Theme Ideas! Negima10
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Idk, william made that. But still, the forum isn't about negi
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 pm

It's in the Negima universe, though as Kyle said, not about Negi himself.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Sean
Forum Designer
Sean

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I was the one who made that banner. ._. And I think it looks cool. Just because the RP isn't about Negi doesn't mean we can't have him in the banner. =(

Although, if we make a new forum theme I could make a new banner.
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 pm

it looks great sean!
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

Male Posts : 122

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 pm

A new banner would be good. It could showcase some of the players while also have a negima theme to it, like the Cage of Eden one. I also agree with Kyle for a nature theme, this one could be good: http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/the-world-of-ushinau-109112.htm
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 am

I think we keep with a light colored nature theme. I like the dark one though. Maybe forumotion has the option for people to choose their own?
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:16 am

Kairu-kyun wrote:
I think we keep with a light colored nature theme. I like the dark one though. Maybe forumotion has the option for people to choose their own?

We can insert multiple themes so if we change to a new one and people like the old one, we can go back to it, but if I recall correctly, we failed at creating a drop bar to choose the theme for us. I can't recall whether it was possible or not; it might have been, but difficult to create.

I'm sure Sean knows.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Forum Designer
Sean

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 am

Will.i.am wrote:
Kairu-kyun wrote:

We can insert multiple themes so if we change to a new one and people like the old one, we can go back to it, but if I recall correctly, we failed at creating a drop bar to choose the theme for us. I can't recall whether it was possible or not; it might have been, but difficult to create.

I'm sure Sean knows.
It was too much of a bitch to make work. Plus you have to upload the theme on hitskin and I didn't want to do that. Will, just move to Zetaboards! D=
Back to top Go down
Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

Sean wrote:
Will.i.am wrote:
Kairu-kyun wrote:

I'm sure Sean knows.
It was too much of a bitch to make work. Plus you have to upload the theme on hitskin and I didn't want to do that. Will, just move to Zetaboards! D=

NO NEVER
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

Can't convert Forumotion into Zeta. :(
Back to top Go down
Sean
Forum Designer
Sean

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 am

Will.i.am wrote:
Can't convert Forumotion into Zeta. :(
I know. It was worth a try. ._.
You'll just have to deal with one theme them.

It's either, suck it up and deal with one theme
or switch to ZetaBoards. xD
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 am

I think zeta is better because it's kinda easier to navigate and as a nicer look. But i'm cool with either.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 am

We're too hipster and old school for Zeta. ;)

But seriously, if we could convert it, I'd love to change it to Zeta, but I dunno if we can. :(
Back to top Go down
Sean
Forum Designer
Sean

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 am

Will.i.am wrote:
We're too hipster and old school for Zeta. ;)

But seriously, if we could convert it, I'd love to change it to Zeta, but I dunno if we can. :(
I never said anything about convert. There is nothing you can do to move all the threads from Forumotion to ZetaBoards. We would just have to copy and paste the rules and some of the currently player character sheets and pretty much start over.

It's all up to you!
Back to top Go down
Arthas

Arthas

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 am

Well it would be cool to start over. People with ongoing topics could just transfer stuff over, it would be a fresh start!
Back to top Go down
Crypt96

Crypt96

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:23 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Theme Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Ideas!   Forum Theme Ideas! Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Theme Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1