Negima: Lost Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negima: Lost Magic is a Negima RP, where many adventures can unfold, from travelling the magical world, learning ancient magic and simply travelling with your partners. Explore the vast land, learning all that you can, striving to be the best!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

Male Posts : 2815

Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:55 pm

However, rank 15 +70 stat booster would be able to take mid level players and pit them against 100+ players
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:01 pm

True. This kind of buff should be limtated to one target at the same time.

Or just to reduce the stat boost.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

Male Posts : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:05 am

Umibouzu wrote:
However, rank 15 +70 stat booster would be able to take mid level players and pit them against 100+ players

Read the rank 15 description. It's good as it is, working like a normal buff. It's SUPPOSED to be put people on a much higher level.
Back to top Go down
https://negimalostmagic.rpg-board.net
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 am

Maybe the amount of buffs a person can recieve is based on their max stats like...

say a new guy has 45 overall stats

he/she can only receive say.... 1/5 extra lvls so the max buffs allowed amount he/she get is 9 overall.

45+9=54

Nothing too gamebreaking there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 am

Quote :

# Rank 15 – Complete mastery and spells on the level of the gods are at this level. Spells like this could destroy a small empire or whole village with ease.

A buff at rank 15 is SUPPOSED to be ground breaking level, just because their newbs doesn't mean they shouldn't get the full enhancement.
Back to top Go down
Jukensong
Baka Blue
Jukensong

Male Posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:18 am

Up to y'all to decide I think it wouldn't be too bad either way.

People get the buff but the one buffing has quite a bit of magic drained to fight.

Or the newbies get their max buffs while the buffer still has alot of fuel to go with.

Working out the kinks and choosing the middle ground is the hard part. That's where I'm leaving y'all to decide.

Last edited by Jukensong on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1686489196
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

Female Posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 am

I personally feel that the former table is the best, if you don't understand the magnitude of the spells then you should read them. You have to understand that power of that level is deserved, if someone takes the time to get a spell to Rank 9 then they deserve that power.

Umi, you act like that amount of power is completely unexpected and that the current system is fair and just.. which by-the-way, it isn't. If someone takes the time to make a spell Rank 15, then by god, they should be able to make a player into a GODly level of epic skill.

Most of what I've read is neither constructive nor helpful in any general means.
All I've gotten so far is Umi's opinion in that people shouldn't be allowed a fair amount of boost for their spell, but instead have taken the time to increase their stats rather than get Intelligence.

If I take the time to become a weak mage: low speed, strength, accuracy, moderate endurance, and put a great deal of my points into Intelligence and I am able to create a spell that can break your barrier and utterly destroy you, completely and without contest.. yet, my spells can only raise my physical strength to that of an above average human.. something doesn't seem right there.
If a spell is designed to empower someone, and by Rank 8 or 9, it should be able to do a great deal more than just 16 to 18 points of enchantment. Just like a Rank 15 spell should do a HELL OF A LOT MORE than 30 points, and by then, I would expect 70 to 100 points, easily.
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 am

Honestly for rank 1-10, I like the second table, so if you want, you can boost up rank 11-15 of the second table...
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 am

Here is the latest table.

Last edited by B★RS on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol)
Back to top Go down
TheWill
Admin
TheWill

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 am

Agreed. Happy
Back to top Go down
dorianodet

dorianodet

Male Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:26 pm

It doesnt matter. they're description of what the spells should be, but that doesnt mean they arent subject to change because the Ranks say so, we can have virtually anything changed to make it equal.

Im going to say no, because of the huge stat increase, its creates issues IRP
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Umibouzu wrote:
It doesnt matter. they're description of what the spells should be, but that doesnt mean they arent subject to change because the Ranks say so, we can have virtually anything changed to make it equal.
I still based the points on a scale for the SP cost of the ranks, not really their power, but all that does is work more so in my favor, besides, if those can be changed then so can this linear chart as well, later on.

Umibouzu wrote:
Im going to say no, because of the huge stat increase, its creates issues IRP
What problems will this cause? A completely weak & useless character will become able to fight a warrior on almost equal grounds, the warrior will still win seeing the mage won't have much for close-range combat.
Now then, if this was used on the warrior, he would become extremely powerful and almost to the point of beyond his tier of power, but that is what these spells are for, besides, if the mage dies/KO's then the source of that power will be gone and the warrior will return to his regular amount of power.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 pm

It makes it unfair because of the huge stat increases, a +70 increase is enough for a mage to take down a warrior -.-....But ill look past that right now, if this is perfectly legal, then it requires a few rules.

If we do this, its gonna need requirements to make it less OP'd,
Here are my ideas:
-Cleric only skill (simple)
-Can only be buffed by one cleric (So no +70 buff from me , than another +70 buff from another person)
- Buff time equal to its rank (Anymore and its very OP'd, 15 posts is a lot)
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Umibouzu wrote:
If we do this, its gonna need requirements to make it less OP'd,
Here are my ideas:
-Cleric only skill (simple)
-Can only be buffed by one cleric (So no +70 buff from me , than another +70 buff from another person)
- Buff time equal to its rank (Anymore and its very OP'd, 15 posts is a lot)

It isn't OP, it is where it should be when it comes to ranks, more or less.
A cleric shouldn't be the only one who can BOOSTING skills, that is like saying ONLY a cleric can heal or use barriers. Maybe only a cleric can boost other people under certain restrictions.. more thought needs to come into that.

I also feel that only limiting it one person at a time is semi-fair, since it will cause a conflicting effect.

That is something I dislike a little bit, if the time is equal to its rank then that means a +79 lasts 15 posts & a +10 only lasts 5 posts, which seems kinda stupid, since if they are used separately by the same person, shouldn't they have the opposite effect?
A buff should be limited based on the Endurance of the Mage, not the Rank of the spell.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Of course only clerics should use it! then why wouldnt everyone learn a buffing skill? There's Reinforcement Magic (Self Buff) and there's Support Magic (Buffs)
Giving virtually anyone that ability is SUPER broken.

And only one buff on a person at a time, otherwise its NOOBgod.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Umibouzu wrote:

Of course only clerics should use it! then why wouldnt everyone learn a buffing skill? There's Reinforcement Magic (Self Buff) and there's Support Magic (Buffs)
Giving virtually anyone that ability is SUPER broken.

And only one buff on a person at a time, otherwise its NOOBgod.

If the buff is used on the caster, then they gain full effect of the spell, as well if it is used on a separate person who has a connection to them (NPC or summon) then they gain the spell's full power as well.
If it used on a completely disconnected person, then the buff's power is subtracted from its rank and applied.

Also, I do agree that no more than one buff should be applied on one person, may it be his' or someone else's.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:37 pm

It shouldnt be used on NPCs and Summons at all. It should only really be used on other people.

Support Magic doesnt allow for a self buff (just making it clear)

And cleric only, because of the characteristics of the spell make it OP'd if anyone can learn it.
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Umibouzu wrote:

It shouldnt be used on NPCs and Summons at all. It should only really be used on other people.
NPCs & Summons are separate entities and as viable to the same cause & effect as anything else.

Umibouzu wrote:
Support Magic doesnt allow for a self buff (just making it clear)
This is just a broad linear chart for all spells that increase or decrease power, may it be reinforcement, support, or even just general magicks.

Umibouzu wrote:
And cleric only, because of the characteristics of the spell make it OP'd if anyone can learn it.
No, then maybe Magic Duelists should be the only ones allowed to use quick/no-incantations, maybe mages should be the only ones allowed to use magic of any sort, maybe warriors should be the only ones allowed to use shundo, etc.
There is nothing wrong with anyone being able to use a non-specialty of magic, there is nothing OP about anyone learning to Heal, doesn't mean they will be completely skilled and proficient in it.
Back to top Go down
Umibouzu

Umibouzu

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Actually this one is, because it can easily become broken with multiple people using it. Shundo isnt for everyone, its useless for most people. However this kind of ability creates noobgods and buff chains
Back to top Go down
B★RS
Admin
B★RS

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Umibouzu wrote:
Actually this one is, because it can easily become broken with multiple people using it. Shundo isnt for everyone, its useless for most people. However this kind of ability creates noobgods and buff chains

..and what is wrong with that?

This is an RPG, but it depends on how you look at it, as a game or a role-play.. but you don't them both as equals, but instead.. you look at one over the other.
I see this as a role-play first and a game, second.

If someone RPly wants to make a noob into a God (if they are powerful enough that is) then they should have the right to, people earn what they get, and they deserve it.
There is such a thing as trust & understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities   Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranking of (De)Boosting Spells & Abilities

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2